The Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, and Minnesota Vikings are the four teams in a very formidable NFC North.
One fun fact: the teams in the NFC North can be sorted alphabetically the same way using either city or mascot.
As crazy as that is, I'm going to predict that they will finish in alphabetical order.
With that being said, let's review the division, starting with the Chicago Bears!
- High octane offense with Marc Trestman, did not lose any significant personel.
- Additions of Ka'Deem Carey as a backup for Forte should alleviate concerns at RB position in regards to depth.
- Added Jared Allen to try and respark the "defense identity" of the Monsters of the Midway
- Rookie FS Brock Vereen may end up being the starter. If he holds up (I think he should), he could be someone special to watch.
- Last year was marked by the emergence of Alshon Jeffery. I say that Jeffery will take a little bit of a hit from regression. Brandon Marshall should still be the #1 here.
The Bears also have a favorable schedule, so I expect them to go 12-4 this season, tops in the division.